Sensory integration is the brain’s ability to take in information from our senses, organize it and make an appropriate response. If any part of this program is not quite right, the result can be seen as frustration, reactions that do not make sense, over-reactive or under-reactive, simple tasks turning into exhaustive situations. In this talk, you will get valuable information on:
- All 7 (yes, seven!) sensory systems.
- What are the 3 funamental senses?
- What is sensory integration?
- How does what we sense affect what we do?
- Why is my kid “hyper”?
- Why is brushing teeth so difficult?
- Why is my child a “bull in a china shop”? And
- Sharing ideas on helping your child (and you!) cope.